The Government Initiative Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Korea Threat

+3
Nova Loherien
Nasha's Domain
New Roosevelt
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

North Korea Threat Empty North Korea Threat

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:30 pm

We as citizens of the world, have a major problem in North Korea. Or as they refer to themselves, The Democratic People's Republic of Korea. They refuse to listen to the UN, and even their only true ally in China. Their nuclear testing without approval from the world community has made very angry and uneasy.

They have stated they believe that the armistice they signed with South Korea, the Republic of Korea, in 1953, is invalid, and unfair to the people of North Korea. I feel it necessary to point out that the US, South Korea, and North Korea are still technically still at war, as it was an armistice, not a peace treaty.

The problem is not because they are a "communist" country, not because they are a dictatorship, and yet refer to themselves as a Democratic People's Republic, but the fact that they have not signed the NNP act, nuclear non-proliferation act. I feel they are the biggest problem the world faces today, and need to be dealt with one way or another by the international community.

http://www.upi.com/news/issueoftheday/2009/05/27/Obama-faces-North-Korean-war-threat/UPI-38061243436131/

This is an article about the seriousness of this threat.

Thoughts?
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

North Korea Threat Empty Re: North Korea Threat

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:50 pm

I think that the North Korean threat is something to be seriously concerned about. We are talking about a rogue nation whos one ally could turn against them and who refuses to listen to world power or anyone else. The fact of the matter is a country such as this that has the ability to use Nuclear Weapons is extreamly dangerous. Especially since they have missiles that can deliver them to quite a few countries. I personally feel that there needs to be a way to deal with North Korea soon. They may start war one of these days and i doubt that they will hesitate to use Nuclear Weapons against their enemy.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Currently, their missiles can reach the middle of the main island of Japan. At least that is what some experts have estimated. Nasha is correct, this is a HUGE problem. They have one ally and are pissing them off to the extent where it may no longer provide them with the domestic support the country needs to survive.

North Korea is also the only nation in the world in which is citizens cannot freely access the internet.

The article I have provided states that NK doesn't comply with the Armistice it signed, and it almost invaded the South last week.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Yes, But what action should be taken?

Should the UN and the world powers try to invade North Korea?
Diplomacy has not worked well in the past. They will surely continue to advance technologically.

What do you think should be done?
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:08 pm

For now, at least while Obama is still settling in with Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq, I don't think he'd want the US to get involved with something in Korea. The US overextending themselves yet again. He is far more intelligent than that.

But if NK continues to disturb the peace in the world by this time next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see a UN invasion, not led by the US.

But hey, that's just me.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:18 pm

I agree. First off, the United States could not afford what would accompany another war with Korea and as of now the President should finish up the business in the middle east. The U.S. is streatching themselves too thin. Other Nations need to take a stand against North Korea. The US is not the country that should lead the invasion. However i see no end to the Korean threat until there is a change in policy which i believe would only be done if the leadership was changed. Therefore i agree that the UN should do something of an invasion of NK. NK is becoming a serious threat to Russia, Japan, Mongolia, and even China. One day, even if the UN does nothing i believe one country, Most likely if it is someone from that area, Perhaps China or Russia or even both perhaps will take action against Korea.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:20 pm

I think they'll stay out of it. I think it'd be more of an invasion of former SEATO members and South Korea and Japan.

Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Japan.

That would be a not so nice force marching across that tiny little bridge on the 38th parallel.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Yes, I agree with you about SEATO. However i believe China because if NK becomes to far beyond reason and Beijing becomes in danger China may be forced to take action. Also if NK's Technology becomes more advanced and Moscow or Saint Petersburg become in danger of attack by NK then Russia will eventually take action. That is my belief though. Also if the U.S. becomes severely threatened by North Korea then China will have to stop supporting them. The Chinese Economy and the Chinese citizens can not afford to be against the US. If China were to side with NK then they would lose trade with a lot of countries and they need the imports to support the Citizens they have. Its very concerning to the Chinese Government. In Chinese history every time they have had a severe shortage of food or some other thing of that type the government has been overthrown and replaced. The communist party of China is very worried about that and i doubt they will do anything that could make something like that happen.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Yes, if it comes down to it, China would side with the US every single time.

The US is their biggest trading partner. China needs the US to keep there money worth something, and the US needs china to keep making jeans for cheap labor. While it sounds bad, and that's not exactly what the US is thinking, they need a giant nation to remain a consumer.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Yes, I personally think that the two countries rely on eachother far too much. It may help with peace that is true. However i personally would like a nation that relies more on itself than others and doesnt intervene in foreign affairs all the time.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:41 pm

i agree w/ the plan of invasion; if NK continues to refuse to speak on the behalf of human rights and the wellbeing of its own people, not 2 mention 2 cease its nuclear ambition, there shoul b a UN led invasion that would reunite the koreas into a democratic Korea. There will b no attrition, resistance from the people, or (lets pray) so suicidal attempt to nuke their own land.

the only problem after a unified Korea is the economic, infrastructural and social aid that would be forced 2 be given to the north koreans after unification. both states would hav 2 be seperated for a couple more years (if not decades) before the north is sustainable by the south, thus creating a stable state

as for the capitol of a new korea, i think it should stay Seoul
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, I hadn't even thought of that.

Kim Jong-Il is crazy enough to detonate nuclear bombs on his own nation. I believe it. That would be a scary sight to see.

As for a unified Korea, it's bound to happen one way or another. North Korea will eventually be overthrown be a revolutionary group of intellectuals. Done and Done. And yes, Seoul was the capital of Korea when it was an independent nation, I'd assume they'd leave it there. Also considering it does have the largest population in a single city on the planet.

Did you know that?
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 pm

no its tokyo, but lets not argue about that lol

have you ever read 1984? well North Korea is kinda like that, there is barely a chance of a revolution in NK UNLESS it is a) a mass uprising of all the poor/ non-military w/ some military help
or
b) a US/CIA backed uprising/guerilla fighting (like what we did against the soviets in Afghanistan)
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762524.html

Looks like we're both wrong. Laughs!

But yeah, I read it. Fairly similar circumstances.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:57 pm

LOL thats hilarious, you were more right then i was then

however i think Tokyo has the largest population in Metropolitan area...i think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_by_population
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Probably.

This NK crisis has many in Japan and the US willing/wanting Japan to remilitarize. I'm not against it. It's not like Japan is really going to try and take over the pacific again. cheers
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 pm

lol that would be cool as hell though

and if you think about it that means theyd b 4 superpowers in the pacific and mainland Asia (china, Japan, US, Russia) and 2 in Europe (US and Russia)

anyways i think it has been long enough punishment for both Japan and Germany, they should both b allowed to militarize
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Pretty sure Germany is. Not positive, but I know for a fact that there are a ton of NATO troops still stationed there even after the fall of the USSR, their still their.

Go figure Question
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes, I am not sure however that i would consider Germany a Superpower. A power yes but not a SuperPower i dont think. That is my opinion however. Also about Japan Remilitarizing, I think it would be good for them, I seriously doubt they are going to try and take the pacific again it would not do them any good. I think it should be encouraged, Japan has the right to build their own military again for defense.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Disagree with that, I think they're well and fine the way they are, also I highly doubt the United States won't be leading a charge against NK if it comes to that, because everyone looks to us to solve the world's problems because everything's our fault according to them, and besides, the UN is full of idiots, they get credit for everything and do nothing.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Wilhelm Tuscini wrote:Disagree with that, I think they're well and fine the way they are, also I highly doubt the United States won't be leading a charge against NK if it comes to that, because everyone looks to us to solve the world's problems because everything's our fault according to them, and besides, the UN is full of idiots, they get credit for everything and do nothing.

Hm... Disagree with that.

The US is looking so power hungry right now, and Obama knows it. We are involved in military operations all over the world, why the hell would we piss off China and Russia even MORE by invading them? When Japan, SK, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand, etc... Would do it?

The US really needs to focus on their domestic problems now more than ever. And invading NK wouldn't help at ALL.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:48 pm

New Roosevelt wrote:
Wilhelm Tuscini wrote:Disagree with that, I think they're well and fine the way they are, also I highly doubt the United States won't be leading a charge against NK if it comes to that, because everyone looks to us to solve the world's problems because everything's our fault according to them, and besides, the UN is full of idiots, they get credit for everything and do nothing.

Hm... Disagree with that.

The US is looking so power hungry right now, and Obama knows it. We are involved in military operations all over the world, why the hell would we piss off China and Russia even MORE by invading them? When Japan, SK, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand, etc... Would do it?

The US really needs to focus on their domestic problems now more than ever. And invading NK wouldn't help at ALL.

I agree, but this is the UN, and the UN would ask us to do otherwise. Besides, how are we power hungry? The UN blocks everything we try to do, and if we so much as condemn someone for developing nukes before the rest of the world we're the bad guys.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  the UNSC Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:22 pm

while that's trueish its not 100%. the issue is that for so long our foreign policy has involved lots and lots of war and military muscle flexing. i don't really think we deserve the bad rap but i can certainly see how we got it.

I think the UN would bash around for a while and send in some troops with one type or another of coalition, more than likely with china. their military is the one i see pushing the most weight.
the UNSC
the UNSC
Placid Placard waver

http://www.ns2thecompany.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 pm

the UNSC wrote:while that's trueish its not 100%. the issue is that for so long our foreign policy has involved lots and lots of war and military muscle flexing. i don't really think we deserve the bad rap but i can certainly see how we got it.

I think the UN would bash around for a while and send in some troops with one type or another of coalition, more than likely with china. their military is the one i see pushing the most weight.

True, but the Chinese I doubt will be involved too much, their military sucks badly, their economy is their strong part.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

the chinese military isnt all that bad

i mean compared 2 us technologically we would win; but if it was by mere population they would overrun us

and not to mention china is developing (and buying) military technology now, so they arent that far behind
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum