The Government Initiative Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied Nations planning!

+7
The Jen'ari
RPA player
Nova Loherien
Phenosia
Qlorplox
Nasha's Domain
New Roosevelt
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Allied Nations planning! - Page 2 Empty Re: Allied Nations planning!

Post  Nasha's Domain Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:21 am

And no it should not be banned all together. A nation has a right to test weapons for defense. However i still say it should be tested somewhere were it will effect as few people as possible. So i will go back to my Underground testing idea. Under water and atmospheric testing should be banned however. And yes let us wait till after.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jen'ari Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 am

i agree, wait till after the AN is founded to discuss such issues, and I was questioning the outlawing of nuke tests, I agree with allowing underground tests, that is all on this issue for now, we will wait til the AN is founded to discuss further.
The Jen'ari
The Jen'ari
Local councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracania Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 am

I disagree that only so called founder nations should be able to be the secretariat. It is akin to saying tha in America only the original 13 states should be allowed to nominate a president. All nations should be equally valuable in the AN.
Gracania
Gracania
Admin

https://gialliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Loherien Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:00 am

I believe that the Secretariat has too much power, it must be divided more to the council/senate members, and the Secretariat be more like a head of state then a head of government. And there should be more then one powerful leader.
Nova Loherien
Nova Loherien
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:49 am

Gracania,

I had the idea further down about amending the list. It was mainly a tactic to get you out of hiding. Very Happy Razz cheers

A council/Senate could be established later. This is for the beginning.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Citrustan Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am

Citrustan is interested; I think we've expressed our interest in other venues, and we're still committed to this.
Citrustan
Citrustan
Aide

Back to top Go down

Post  Collective Believers Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 pm

The nation of Collective Believers would like to aide in the process of the formation of the AN. We as a nation promote World Peace and diplomatic solutions to international crises, thusly, we would very much like to see this succeed. Count us in!
Collective Believers
Collective Believers
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Good, We are glad to have you here.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:44 pm

This is good. Well I've been busy today, but I'll post my rough draft of the charter tomorrow, still working on it. Razz
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Alright. That will be good. I cant wait to see it.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Charter of the Allied Nations

Allied Nations planning! - Page 2 Logo_of_the_Allied_Nations_(CNC)

We the members of the Allied Nations, do swear to uphold the the Charter of the AN, and always protect it and the fellow members.

All nations of the AN shall remain sovereign from the AN at all times. This shall be insisted upon after establishment.

Nations of the AN may always do as they wish to do, but may have AN sanctions placed against them. This ties in with a nations Sovereignty. The AN may not a bully a nation into reformation, but rather attempt to peacefully show them the correct way.

The AN shall be broken into councils and committees, general assembly, and the Secretariat of the AN. Who acts as the President of the AN.

Secretariat

The Secretariat shall act as the the President of the AN. The job shall rotate weekly, between the members. *Future legislation may turn this into an election, rather than a rotation*

The Secretariat shall also be in charge of establishing the committees and placing the different nations on said committees. With that said, here are the following mandatory committees.

The Secretariat also must delegate the nations with the best industries to do the best jobs. I.E. The nation with the best agriculture should donate food to nation X, while the nation with the best medicine industry should donate medical supplies to nation Z.

Committees

The Peacekeeping Committee

The peacekeeping committee, with 1-3 nations on the committee, this committees job is to be the first hand on controlling international violence. After AN general assembly decisions have taken place, and voted to intervene, the peacekeeping committee nations forces will be the first to go in under the AN flag, and also establish a course of action on how to intervene, where to intervene, etc...

The PC must also take the money/industries that the Secretariat delegates to them, and distribute them wisely.

The Regulatory Council

The regulatory council, with 1-3 nations, will be the check and balance of power with the Secretariat. Meaning, ensuring the law is followed by the Secretariat etc... While also making sure the AN stays efficient and it in it of itself, does not break international law established by the AN. Along with ensuring a nations sovereignty stays in tact.

More may be added and subtracted later...

The General Assembly

The GA is to take part in all discussions about military intervention, peacekeeping intervention, economic sanctions, and international law deliberation. It is their sovereign right to help establish the new laws and enforce them with the rest of the world...

What do you guys think?
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm

It looks good to me. I am sure we will add more specifics later.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Alright. I want to get the AN up and running no later than tomorrow. I'd really prefer today. Let's get some more thoughts in here!
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenosia Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:55 pm

I think it looks perfect! We can add more councils/committees later, but I'll sign this right now!
Phenosia
Phenosia
MP

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracania Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 pm

We in Gracania urge more haste and less speed.

We do not understand clealry, if nations are individual then why can the secretariate order them to send aid? We will not sign this yet.
Gracania
Gracania
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Secretariat doesn't force them too. As a member of the AN you must donate. But you retain your sovereign right, you may leave the AN, you may run your country the way you like, but should the AN require assistance, you must give it.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracania Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm

So how are nations individual if their resources are subjectto AN requirements? I'm not necessarily opposed to it but we must eliminate controversy.
Gracania
Gracania
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

I understand.

They are sovereign in the sense that it is their choice on what to do. But they should as members of the AN do what is required of them. Otherwise, it's like you're in the AN just to receive military and economic aid. You must by a full team player.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:29 pm

That is a good point. The nations should have to contribute. We cant exactly help people if there is no policy for how to do it.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Yes, hmm... That is kinda the general idea of working as a team isn't it? cheers cheers cheers
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasha's Domain Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Normally. Thats what i think at least. But what do i know?
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down

Post  Qlorplox Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:06 pm

I like this proposal, it seems quite sensible.
Qlorplox
Qlorplox
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Why thank you Qlorplox!

I spent a lot of my time trying to figure out the committees more than anything else. Laughs.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Collective Believers Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:37 am

I think it looks pretty good, I like some things, I'm confused about others. I think the committees were a good idea and are a good start (I am sure we will find other things to add as time goes on).

I do understand Gracania's point about sovereignty vs. requirement to help and it does seem a bit contradictory. An issue I forsee is an event which one particular nation does not agree with, and the AN requiring that nation to send aid to the country, thus, destroying it's sovereignty. I would be curious what the protocol is for that? Does the nation get booted from the AN? Do they get sanction placed on them for not agreeing with the handling of the situation and refusing aid? Can the nation leave the AN and rejoin after the event has passed?

Also, is the General Assembly the body that makes international law that must be upheld? Is there anytype of veto power in the executive if certain legislation is deemed unnecessary or illegitimate? In it's current state (and maybe I misread somewhere) it seems to me there is no way to actually create law, rather it is just at the discretion of the nations involved what is good and what is bad.

I think it is a great rough draft, if we could find a better solution or protocol for what to do in the situation I just mentioned I think we will have a solid charter to start our international organization.
Collective Believers
Collective Believers
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post  New Roosevelt Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Alright, 2nd draft:

Charter of the Allied Nations

Allied Nations planning! - Page 2 Logo_of_the_Allied_Nations_(CNC)

We the members of the Allied Nations, do swear to uphold the the Charter of the AN, and always protect it and the fellow members.

All nations of the AN shall remain sovereign from the AN at all times. This shall be insisted upon after establishment.

Nations of the AN may always do as they wish to do, meaning run their country the way they want to, but may have AN sanctions placed against them. This ties in with a nations Sovereignty. The AN may not a bully a nation into reformation, but rather attempt to peacefully show them the correct way. All nations must contribute their part to AN, meaning supplies, money, etc... If they do not, they shall be suspended till the next Secretariat takes office. The second offense, they shall be suspended indefinitely, if and when they are permitted back into the AN and offend a third time, they will be banished from the AN.

The AN shall be broken into councils and committees, general assembly, and the Secretariat of the AN. Who acts as the President of the AN.

Secretariat

The Secretariat shall act as the the President of the AN. The job shall rotate weekly, between the members. *Future legislation may turn this into an election, rather than a rotation*

The Secretariat shall also be in charge of establishing the committees and placing the different nations on said committees. With that said, here are the following mandatory committees.

The Secretariat may, along with all other nations, purpose laws/resolutions, and they also have a veto upon a General Assembly victorious vote.

The Secretariat also must delegate the nations with the best industries to do the best jobs. I.E. The nation with the best agriculture should donate food to nation X, while the nation with the best medicine industry should donate medical supplies to nation Z.

Committees

The Peacekeeping Committee

The peacekeeping committee, with 1-3 nations on the committee, this committees job is to be the first hand on controlling international violence. After AN general assembly decisions have taken place, and voted to intervene, the peacekeeping committee nations forces will be the first to go in under the AN flag, and also establish a course of action on how to intervene, where to intervene, etc...

The PC must also take the money/industries that the Secretariat delegates to them, and distribute them wisely.

The Regulatory Council

The regulatory council, with 1-3 nations, will be the check and balance of power with the Secretariat. Meaning, ensuring the law is followed by the Secretariat etc... While also making sure the AN stays efficient and it in it of itself, does not break international law established by the AN. Along with ensuring a nations sovereignty stays in tact.

More may be added and subtracted later...

The General Assembly

The GA is to take part in all discussions about military intervention, peacekeeping intervention, economic sanctions, and international law deliberation. The General Assembly is the legislative branch of the AN, creating and voting on laws to be enacted and enforced globally. However, the Secretariat can use it's veto, and if that happens, the vote must then go back to the General Assembly but now the vote must pass with 2/3 of the GA. It is their sovereign right to help establish the new laws and enforce them with the rest of the world...

I don't really understand what you guys don't get about sovereignty and being a part of it. It's exactly like any other real life international organization. You must do certain things, or you can't be in it. What's so complicated?

Anyway, thoughts? If you guys like it, I'm gonna make a new thread in which we can all "sign it," sort to speak.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next