The Government Initiative Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Changing of the Forum Act

2 posters

Go down

The Changing of the Forum Act Empty The Changing of the Forum Act

Post  Gracania Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:48 pm

The Changing of the Forum Act

Due to the recent loss of Nation States 2 I propose the following so that we as a community can survive.

1) The Forum shall no longer be based upon another website but upon role play here on the GIA forum.

2) The name of the forum shall change to reflect this new format. The world in which the game is set shall also be given a new name.

3) The AN charter shall be changed in respect to the change in its role in the forum.
3a) The role President of the GIA shall become the President of the AN.
3b) The Cabinet shall be incorporated into the AN. All old departments (see the restructuring of Government act) shall be kept at first but may be removed later if they are seen to not be of use to the role playing. New departments that would never have been needed on NS2 (e.g. a department of Health/ Education / Work and Pensions etc) may be created in the near future.

4) Each Nation shall be given statistics upon their GDP, Population, Taxation, Military size, literacy rate etc by an appointed official. The statistics shall be chosen and governed by the Role Play Moderation Committee. The Committee shall consist of the Admin, the RPA and one other elected member (who shall be granted Moderator status while on the committee) - the RPA being chair of the Committee.

5) Elections shall continue to occur on the last day of the month (see legislation on Elections) unless changed by further legislation. However elections shall be issues based and the Role Play Moderation Committee shall deliberate and propose legislation to the community on how the actions of the Government of the AN might be able to change GDP, poverty, healthcare etc world wide.
Gracania
Gracania
Admin

https://gialliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Changing of the Forum Act Empty Re: The Changing of the Forum Act

Post  Nasha's Domain Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 pm

I will not say one way or the other whether I support this yet. I find that there are areas that can be improved upon and I would like to hear other opinions about this before proceeding any further. I do wonder though whether we should make the AN the government of the alliance. Perhaps we could find another game similar to nationstates in which we could have our government. Or perhaps we could find a method of having an alliance government the way we did on nationstates and go with the same functions since this is still an organization though, at this time, I would not say a functioning one.
Nasha's Domain
Nasha's Domain
Prince Regent

Back to top Go down