The Government Initiative Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is America afriad?

+4
Nova Loherien
Collective Believers
New Roosevelt
Gracania
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why is America afriad? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why is America afriad?

Post  New Roosevelt Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Alright, Militarily speaking... yes.

While energy and domestic advances aren't US strong suits, laughs, there is no doubt the US is, FOR THE TIME BEING, the most powerful country in the world. But trust me, I know that won't last forever. Unless we have some major reforms, we're gonna fall behind real quick.
New Roosevelt
New Roosevelt
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Gracania wrote:No you have to change the laws you have. I know in Florida they passed a law that you can legally shoot to kill if you feel threatened. There was a case where some kids were playing knock knock run (you know where you bang on the door and run away) and as these kids of about ten ran away the guy came out of his house butt naked and shot them in the back because he claims he thought they were robbing his house. He recieved no punishment as he was within the law.

In conclusion, from across the ocean, America seems a strange and deadly place.

We have to do no such thing, our gun laws should be ENFORCED, not repealed, or changed. Look at Switzerland, it has the highest gun ownership levels per capita in the world, and yet have one of the lowest crime rates, coincidence, I think not.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Gracania wrote:A wealthy 3rd world nation is a good way to describe it. You know it is actually the ultimate end of capitalism, some people have millions and most have nothing. Countries with lower GDPs that are in the 1st world are usually the more balanced ones because of things like an NHS.

You mean that utter and complete failure in which thousands of people die every year while waiting because of it? Yeah, um no. Competition increases quality, it's as simple as that. The United States is actually one of the most advanced, and powerful nations in the world, not to mention during the progressive era (you know, that time when conservatives were running and the economy was booming and subsequently the country) we were the best in nearly every aspect.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Qlorplox wrote:Technologically advanced? No. There are many countries, whilst smaller, which are more technologically advanced. Scandanavia and Japan come to mind.

The US is the richest country in the world. There are no doubts about that, but that's because of sheer numbers.

Japan is by far not the most technologically advanced, most of their products and advancements, are made in the United States, by AMERICAN scientists, they simply get credit because it's a Japanese company.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Tuscini Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm

New Roosevelt wrote:Alright, Militarily speaking... yes.

While energy and domestic advances aren't US strong suits, laughs, there is no doubt the US is, FOR THE TIME BEING, the most powerful country in the world. But trust me, I know that won't last forever. Unless we have some major reforms, we're gonna fall behind real quick.

Yeah like making some liberals disappear and realize their idea suck, oh wait sorry.
Wilhelm Tuscini
Wilhelm Tuscini
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum